Reserving a consistent schedule with a Polytech teacher is a great way to boost skills and confidence to demonstrate your best performance at another school. Students may focus on a single subject to get support with assignments, review previous curricula, and preview upcoming content. The Polytech offers one-on-one tutoring in these subject areas:
- English – all levels of writing, reading, and research
- Math – Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, Statistics, PreCalculus, Calculus, and math related to career pathways in Health Care and Engineering
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Social Studies – World History and Geography, US History, Government, Economics
- Foreign Language – Spanish
- College Readiness – practice implementing the soft skills necessary for success in college, including how to read a syllabus, accepting criticism, professional dress, punctuality, keyboarding and technical skills, applying for financial aid and scholarship process, career search and assessment
- Test Prep – SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, ISEE, many AP exams
- Executive Function – organization, planning, study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, self-advocacy
- Soft Skills - coaching sessions to help students prepare for college and career with direct instruction in topics such as social media presence, professional dress, how to give and accept criticism, etc.
In addition, our staff can assist with many college-level courses in the pathways of health care, business and technology services, education, and engineering.
Sometimes, it isn't possible to commit to a regular schedule or something unexpected comes up. Drop-In Tutoring is available for exactly this reason and provides a quick intervention that can help students overcome barriers and focus on incomplete assignments for the upcoming week.