Offered on Saturday mornings between 9:0 0am to 12:00 noon, students may drop in for supervised support as needed. The Polytech provides a quiet, structured workspace and materials with instructors to facilitate homework completion on a first come, first served basis, and may include up to 8 students between 2 teachers. No reserved instructors and no long-term commitment.
Potential objectives include:
- Completing projects already in progress
- Breaking down projects into a smaller, more manageable schedule that the student can work on through the week
- Writing rough drafts of essays in a quiet, distraction-free setting
- Completing required reading
- Solving math problems and reviewing foundational algebraic skills
- Organizing backpacks, notebooks, and other school materials
- Reviewing and revising written assignments
- Building artistic components of projects, such as creating timelines, coloring maps, constructing collages, illustrating reports, etc.
- Printing final drafts of assignments